We Plug to Y.O.U... Redroomdreamers - Roosters on the Rubbish

With the release of our first compilation mixtape 'A Prelude to the Future', I've admittedly taken a back seat over the past few weeks to Neefemi and our two new writers, Sonya & Fhanthom in updating this here website with all the amazing emerging music we're constantly coming across. I hope you've enjoyed the music that they've shared with you thus far... Which leads me up to why I'm here tonight!

Now apart from Andrea Bocelli, I think it's safe to say that I do not know of any Italian musicians. I know nothing about the music scene out there so you can imagine my pleasant surprise at bumping into this band. Please allow me to introduce you to Redroomdreamers, a new Indie Rock band from Naples (Napoli) in Italy with Dario Woods on guitars & vocals, Alessio Sica on drums & percussions, and Simone De Simone on bass. 'Roosters on the Rubbish' is their debut album, which their record label Happy/Mopy Records have described as...
"12 songs of pure indie, hanging between a little bedroom and the stage. It’s like the report of a life: happiness/despair; love/ hate. This album melts the songwriters of American Music Club, Beck and Smog, in the 90’s urgency. This album is real and passionate, full of picturesque snaps and colored shade" - Happy/Mopy Records

 The truth be told, after listening to this album, you'd be hard pressed to dispute their description and as is only right (and as we usually do), I'll show you a few reasons for this...


This first record is titled 'Under Control' and is largely the reason for this feature. This was the track I stumbled upon by the band that made me go searching for their album and I am glad I did because not only is this track amazing, the entire album is very beautifully made. But yes, talking about 'Under Control'... The guitars on this, both the lead and bass completely capture me from the word go while Dario on vocals rides the musical backdrops so well and I'm hooked from start to finish! It's not even until the 3rd or 4th listens that I'm tryna figure out the lyrics because you're kinda so lost in the music the first time around. I love this record.

As it goes, I'm finding it really hard selecting the next song to share with you because of how good I think they all are. I just want to share the entire album with you and just say you know what? PRESS PLAY! I am really enjoying the music on this. The great instrumentation and how all these sounds are gelling perfectly together on the album plus the compelling but complementing vocals, it just really works. Let me know what you think about this next one...


Another downtempo track like the one before, this one is titled 'Psychotherapy' and I could stay listening to this all night plus I think it sounds so perfect for the Autumn... Just the whole vibe the song gives is so right now, it's so Mid-October... It's so Grey Coats with the iPod and the Earphones and it's that song. There's something about music when it's created with live instruments, I don't think there's anything that beats that organic sound to be honest.

I thought I'd leave you with something a bit more uptempo that the previous two records you've listened to. I wonder what you'll make of it...



This one is titled 'New Year' and it has got me bringing out the imaginary drum sticks and getting my inner rock star on especially on the instrumental solos and then at the crescendo of sounds right at the back end of the song. I know I keep harbouring on about the vocals of Dario Woods but it's only because I cannot get enough of it. I love the energy on this record and I hope you do too.

'Roosters on the Rubbish' is out via Happy/Mopy records in a little over a week, on the 29th of October and you can pre-order it from Amazon right now via the link below! I really really think you should... Other stand-out songs you should definitely look out for include 'The Dog', 'Souvenir', 'About Your Dream' & 'Suitcase' and I'm gonna have to stop myself from listing all the songs on this album. I think I wasn't particularly keen on just one song and that's 'Candy Girl' even though it had its moments in its 6 minute duration. I guess what I'm tryna say is that you should check this album out!



Until the Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...