We Plug 2 Y.O.U... Luck-One - True Theory Outtakes

For three weeks I haven't written anything, because I was waiting for something different. You see for me its not enough for me to hear the music and think its a good album, it needs to move me enough to write, I need the "IT" factor. Plus I really wanted to review a straight hip-hop album or mix-tape, it felt like I hadn't gotten my hands on one of those in a minute. Excuses aside, I am extremely glad therefore to be bringing this mix-tape to you for your listening pleasure.

Luck-One is no stranger to us and shouldn't be to you if you are a fan of this site. If you are new to us here, let me give you a little introduction. The first time we heard from Portland's finest Luck-One, it was on his 7 track EP with producer Dekk called "Beautiful Music" which we raved about here. We still have this up on our blogroll, more than a year later, yes its that GOOD.

This time Luck-One branches out on his own and gives us another free 7 track EP, titled True Theory Outtakes. True Theory Outtakes is a seven track journey through Luck-One's challenges and triumphs on his way towards becoming recognized as one of the industry's top notch lyricists. Soulful grooves, powerful wordplay and top notch execution make True Theory Outtakes a must listen project for 2010.



My favorite song on here is titled "They Say". Its just one of those Good records, so good you can find no fault with it. This is new age hip-hop too, with the lacing of that soulful sound and the drums, neither overshadowing the other. I like his flow on here, so very passionate but even more so, I absolutely love whoever the female artist is on here that laced this song, she did justice to this song. Listen for yourself.

 
The start of this next song drives me insane. "Ribbon" he wrote for a girl, and is pure honesty and so good, I wish he did more than a 16bar. It was way too short and I hope on his forthcoming album which we are expecting early 2011, he will have a full version on there. I can only hope. Kudos to Terry Harris for this beat, seriously, he killed it.
"They say when you having real deep emotions about something, you should make art, so I wrote a verse"
 
If you follow us on our sister blog, Conversations about Her you'll know that we put up "More" when it first leaked in September. Ordinarily I wouldn't put this up again, but this is one of those songs that will never get old. If you have never heard it before, I'm sure you will have it on repeat all day. It's a freaking GOOD song, I can't get over the instrumentals on here and everything he said on this record.
"If I never sell a record in life, does that make me less talented in wrecking the mic?"
 
You need to get your hands on this EP, and its free, right here... Luck-One definitely deserves to be not only on your ipods but on the radio, here's to hoping that the New Year brings just that for him.


Till next week then

Peace, Love and Good Music

Neefemi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks guys for always bringing new good music our way, the Prelude to the future mixtape is sooo cool, have Naira,Bez and Greeds on replay everyday.Thanks guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, thank you so much for supporting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...