We Plug 2 Y.O.U... ZAYNA DAZE + CLOUDFISTCONCEPTZ - CLOUDY DAZE 2 & 3

OK I suppose a brief introduction of the artists known as Zayna Daze & CloudFistConceptz is somewhat necessary before I go straight into the music today right? SO who is Zayna Daze? Well I'll let her answer that one herself, I reckon she'll tell it better than I can...
"A vocalist/ Musician/ performance poet/ instrumentalist.... Zayna daze combines innovative vocal techniques with soulful spoken word poetry, often experimenting with a loop station and acoustic instruments in live performances. The concept of Zayna Daze was inspired by the observation and admiration of other performing artists who posses sheer ability to capture and positively stir audiences. This has been my main aspiration as an artist… Im an artist at heart. I believe I'm here for a creative purpose, thats all." - Zayna Daze
I cannot even front, iHeart Zayna Daze!!! The woman sings, she writes, she performs, she does poetry, she makes music... It's ALOT and I love it! Ever since I heard Cloudy Daze Vol. 1, I've been a huge fan of Ms. Daze! Nah actually tell-a-lie, I was already a fan of hers before the Cloudy Daze series began BUT it was Volume 1 that tipped me over the ledge! In the same vein though, I must say that I know absolutely nothing about Zayna's collaborator on the Cloudy Daze Volumes, an artiste known as CloudFistConceptz, other than the fact that he's a highly talented German producer, emcee & spoken word artiste currently residing in East London and the fact that what they, he & Zayna, create together is nothing short of amazing!


Talking about amazing, this 'Cloudy Daze Volume 2 & 3' album, officially released yesterday June 21st 2010 & which you can DOWNLOAD for free HERE, is pretty much amazing BUT you should go ahead, click the download button & listen so you know iSpeak the truth! HOWEVER, as we usually do, we're just gonna share with you some of our favorite records from the 'Cloudy Daze Vol. 2 & 3' album, I feel I been talking too much anyway so let's get started!!!

<a href="http://zaynadaze.bandcamp.com/track/cloudy-no-more">Cloudy no more by ZAYNA DAZE</a>

What you just heard is the first record you hear on this album, it's titled 'Cloudy No More' and asides the fact that this is one of my many favorites on the LP, is the more poignant fact that they chose to begin the album on this level. It's sorta like a statement of intent, a very bold one at that because you've set the listener's expectations all the way up there and ordinarily, the only other place for you to go now, is down BUT 'Cloudy Daze Vol. 2 & 3' doesn't GO down, it finds newer levels of "all the way up there" to reach as the album progresses... Now that's what makes an amazing body of work! The one thing, if I may, that I like the most on this record is the musical backdrop, the bass arrangement on here is just epicness + although you don't get to hear Cloudfistconceptz on a lot of the album, I really liked the few times he does come up & this song is one of them...

"You can't stop us on this Earth..." - CloudFistConceptz

& We're #ontothenextone...

<a href="http://zaynadaze.bandcamp.com/track/people-of-poison">People of poison by ZAYNA DAZE</a>

This one's called 'People of Poison' and part of the reasons I like this one so much is because it's one of the records that stood out for me on the lyrical side of things as I listened to the album & I'll tell you why. The first time I listened to this album, I was so wrapped up with how good the records were musically + how well CloudFistConceptz & Zaynda Daze seemed to be working to create some magic in the studio or wherever magical place they be creating this music + how refreshing Zayna's vocals sounded & I wasn't even paying attention to the lyrics BUT on this one song, it was the lyrics, it was the words that captured me first + the melody on this song stays winning. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one...


"I Heard a Rumour That They Want Me Dead" - Zayna Daze

... Now unto my personal favorite record on 'Cloudy Daze Vol. 2 & 3'

<a href="http://zaynadaze.bandcamp.com/track/with-you">With you by ZAYNA DAZE</a>

I've probably spent more minutes listening to this here record titled 'With You' than I have spent listening to the album & I've listened to the whole album quite a number of times, that just shows you how much iHeart this record & the reprise also, which you really need to listen to! Guess you'll be downloading the album to do that? You really ought to... Anyway why do iLike this record so much? Asides the fact that I'm a complete & utter sucker for the concept of falling in love fully & completely & that's exactly what this record is talking about? Well there's something about the melodies Zayna Daze + Cloudfist manage to concoct on this record and as with much of this album & I don't wanna use 'amazing' again as I write this piece so I won't BUT this 'something' I'm referring to is pretty damn special.

"& every now and then I have to catch my breathe..." - Zayna Daze

ALL in ALL though, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this album, it's not as short as Volume 1 (thank God) but it's not too long either and the records on Vol. 2 & 3 do NOT tend to go on for unnecessarily long periods of time which I do think is a VERY good thing... I also think that if you appreciate music in itself then you're in for a treat because although it'll be said to be spoken word, it really is much more so even if spoken word is not your thing, there will be something on this album that you can appreciate, there will be quite a few things to be honest... quite a few things!

SO YEAH Just click on the download button below & enjoy the Music really! That is indeed why we ARE here!

Download: Zayna Daze + CloudFistConceptz - Cloudy Daze Vol. 2 & 3

Until the Next Time...

Peace | Love | Good Music

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...